As promised in my previous post, White Flour Sandwich Bread(4) cylindrical shapedhere is the recipe for the wheat flour bread in cylindrical shape. This wheat flour cylindrical log also came out with beautiful brown colour!!
How shiny it is after applying butter on hot bread!!!
Wheat flour bread gives you a guilt free indulgence.
Round slices are definitely more appealing, so you can pack sandwiches for your kiddo’s lunch box. I am sure you will find lunch box empty in the evening. Nothing can make a mother more happy than taking out empty lunch box from their kid’s school bag.
Any snack prepared by these beautiful round slices would be a great attraction for your kitty party too.
The main problem generally people face in not trying healthy baking bread is that sometimes family members are so much accustomed to the taste of market bought bread that there is no encouragement to bake healthy bread.
To turn your loved ones into healthy eating habits, you can just show them the list of ingredients printed on any branded bread pack and compare it with the list of ingredients you would be using while preparing a homebaked bread. I believe this comparison will be helpful in changing their mindset.
Please go through all the tips before you start kneading the dough …..
Wheat flour 3 cups
Milk powder 1/8 cup
Salt 1+1/4 tsp
Sugar 2 tbsp
Instant active yeast 1 tsp
Oil /butter 2 tbsp
Water/ milk 1+3/4 cups minus 2 tbsp(should be slightly warmer than lukewarm but not hot)
1. Except water, rest of the ingredients should be used at room temperature.
2. Instead of water, milk can be used to knead the dough. Or you can take both milk and water in 50:50 ratio.
3. Every oven is different – so baking time may vary.
4. Dough proofing time depends a lot on the temperature of your kitchen. In colder temperature first proofing can take 60 to 90 minutes. In warmer temperatures it might get over in 40 to 50 minutes. The same logic will be for second proofing time also.
5. Wheat flour dough is more delicate than all purpose flour dough. So after first proofing don’t knead it much. Punch it and bring it back together to roll the log.
6. To achieve best results in wheat flour bread, don’t be lazy in kneading. I always knead wheat flour bread dough for almost 20 minutes.
7. Absorbing liquid quality of flour varies. So don’t follow blindly the quantity of water /milk given in the recipe. If required, add or reduce 1-2 tbsp of water.
8. Don’t compare the result of homebaked wheat flour bread with market bought wheat flour bread. We are not adding any artificial gluten, emulsifier, or bread enhancer. We are trying to bake a healthy bread loaf, so it might be slightly heavy and dense. For better results, try to use milled flour than packed ones.
8. Don’t get discouraged if your first loaf of bread is not as good as you had expected. Try to find out the problem, sort it and with the same excitement, give anolther trial, you will surely get it!!
For few more tips you can check Wheat flour buns with pizza spices (2) (basic tips to follow if following a bread /buns recipe)
I am posting link and complete address of the shop from where I purchased this bread tin/mould. It is an Institute of baking and cake art, and within their premises they have this shop, probably for the convenience of their students.
This bread tin/mould is also available on Amazon.
Measurements for bread tin
11 inch length
3 inch diameter
Collect all dry ingredients in a big vessel.
Slowly start pouring water and start collecting dry ingredients together in shape of a dough. Don’t worry about loose or tight consistency of dough at this stage.
Now start pouring remaining water 1 tbsp at a time and knead the dough for 20 minutes by adding oil/butter simultaneously.
Initially, kneading will look a lot messy and sticky, but slowly dough will become smooth. Keep the dough in an oil greased bowl for first proofing (bowl should be big enough to have extra space for doubled up dough). Apply some oil on top of the dough to avoid it drying. Cling wrap the bowl and keep it at a warm place for first proofing. I generally keep my bowl in switched-off microwave. First proofing takes 1 to 1+1/2 hours depending on the temperature of your kitchen.
In the meantime oil grease both sides of the bread tin.
Once dough doubles up, sprinkle some flour on clean kitchen counter or grease it with oil. Take out the dough and punch it softly.
Knead the dough very softly and spread it according to the size of bread tin.
Start rolling it tightly in the shape of a log.
Seal the sides by pinching them tightly.
Keep this log into the tin by keeping seamed side at the bottom and apply oil on top of the log to avoid it drying. Close the tin and once more keep it in the switched-off microwave or any warm place for second proofing. Second proofing generally takes 15 to 20 minutes.
Just 10 minutes before baking, preheat your oven at 185-190 degrees for 10 minutes. Give milk wash to proofed dough and bake it in a preheated oven at the same temperature for 40-50 minutes or till the bread becomes evenly brown.
I bet you will fall in love with your gorgeous bake 💞
Apply butter on hot log of bread. Butter will be helpful in keeping the bread soft. Take out bread from the oven and let it cool down completely on cooling rack. Don’t let the bread stay in tin for long. Steam from hot bread will make the bread soggy from the bottom.
Once bread cools down completely, you can slice it. But if you can control your temptation for a few hours more, you will get the best slices!!
Once bread cools down completely, wrap it in 3-4 layers of cling film and keep it in the fridge. This will settle down the crumb of bread and later slice it with bread cutting serrated knife.
Now, who can say no to have breakfast of these gorgeous wheat flour bread round slices!!!!
Enjoy your home baked bread with your loved ones and don’t leave a chance to impress your friends by gifting them….
I would really love to see you baking this healthy wheat flour bread for your loved ones.
If you liked this post, please spare some time to express your thoughts through the comments box. A little bit chat over food connect people together… 👭👫👬👭👬👫